Sunday, November 24, 2019

filming blog

    Last night was a very eventful step towards the completion of the music video for our group. We started our filming process with the help of some friends. Before I start I, I want to say that my group and I did not completely finish all the filming. That was due to our friends needing to leave and the camera battery dying. We still however got a large portion of it done and next time we see our friends we shouldn't have a problem filming it rather quickly.
    Throughout filming, we constantly referred back to our story board as we followed mostly everything on it. To stick with our New York theme, we did use Young Circle as our setting. We all waited till sun down before starting. The lights surrounded young circle so it was perfect. The Christmas season also added a nice touch with a large Christmas tree that we incorporated. Our original idea was to put a wig on Elijahs head to represent Delilah but our friend Sydney came through and she was more than willing to help us. It also worked out very well because Sydney happens to be an experienced actor. We went scene by scene throughout the time we had. I personally was the singer which meant  I had to hold the guitar and lip sing to the music which I fell I did pretty well in if I do say so myself. Peter and Elijah both worked on the camera and any other things to help develop or video. In one case, the singer was supposed to climb into a tree and continue his music. The only problem was I couldn't get up on the tree. So, I stepped on Eli's back which he loved.
      While everything in the end may have worked out, we did run into a few issues, some more serious then others. For starters, we had trouble shooting the tree scene because by the tree was very dark. The camera didn't do the darkness any justice so we used our phones flash. It didn't look as good as the camera would have but it worked fine. Another serious problem we had was Elijah kept on getting bad headaches during the filming. He plays key roles in helping to develop the overall movie and we needed him. We new he was hurting though so we tried filming more quickly so we can get him home. Other than that, we didn't have may other problems and any that we did, we worked out easily. The music video is turning out well and we can't way to see the end product.

No comments:

Post a Comment