Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the final task

    Hi, my name is Zeke Morales. I am a freshman in Fort Lauderdale High and have been enrolled in this class for a little over a semester. Since the beginning of this class, I've kept up with all my blogs and recording what I've learned throughout. We've been tasked with few video making projects that I learned to develop my skills with. I used to not be able to use a camera but now, with the help of my group, can construct my own film. the most difficult part for me in this class would have to be the editing. As a person, I am far from a semi-pro when it comes to technology so the editing portion was a lot of trouble. I can now safely say that editing is one of the easier parts of film making. Without experience though, I wouldn't even be able to dream of doing the things I can do now. I can only hope that I don't lose all the things I learned and maybe use this to my advantage in the real world.
     We are starting off our most important project right now. This is the project that cambridge will see and what we've been working towards through the year. We are working towards developing a short clip of a movie. Our first assignment was to make a few pitches. A pitch also known as an elevator pitch, is a short clip or explanation that tells an idea. Our pitch is aimed towards telling the idea of a movie. we need to keep in mind that this is not a summary and she will take points off if it looks anything like one. In simpler terms, we need to make a minute beginning of the movie to kind of give a background of the movie. My group and I began immediately and started running ideas through our minds.
     This brings me to our three pitches. With much consideration, my group and I were able to narrow down all our ideas into three that we think can all be A level videos. For our first pitch, we have a kind of horror film in mind. Our idea is that a girl becomes a ghost. So in its entirety, the girl will wake up and try to talk to her family but they were crying and payed no attention to her. She tries to then check her hair in the mirror but sees nothing. For our next one, which is my personal favorite, we will have a boy walking through an alley to get to his house but is then stopped by a truck skirting in front of him and having large men in masks pick him up and throw him into the truck for a kidnap story. He then wakes up tied up and tries to escape. Our last one will be more complicated but can potentially be the best one. It will take place at a paintball film. A casual game will be taking place until someone is shot with a paintball that is toxic. The team tries to get out alive.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment