Monday, February 24, 2020

filming blog: Starting to film

  Starting this film, the fact that this is the most important project of the year in this class never left our head. That's why throughout, we stayed focused and kept our progress constantly flowing. We started to film last weekend which we agreed on before was the best time for all of us. We met at Paige's being that we thought her alley would be best to film in. My dad drove me there and I prepped him on what he would be doing with his truck during it. We started from the top of our story board and worked our way down. Each scene that we did, we made sure to look over on the spot and make sure we didn't have to re-film that part later. This proved useful later because we technically don't need to shoot anything else unless during the peer review something negative stood out. Moving further through the film, my dad was very compliant and did as we said with no issue. The shots with the truck came out great in and out of it. After the trucks scene, we brought in a few props that we mentioned in the story board. These included a baseball bat, some rope, and a pillow case. We followed the story board exactly and the kidnapping scene went smoothly. Me being the main character, I can say my peers handled my acting limp body very well and after watching it again, it really looked like I was knocked out cold. We were done with filming outside so we switched our setting to the inside of Paige's house where we used the darkest room as the place where "Johnny" would be tied up. This scene I can easily say was the most irritating and difficult. It was supposed to be as simple as the kidnappers put Johnny into the chair and tie him up. They go got me in the chair but for some strange reason for the life of them they could not tie me up correctly. I had to explain how to tie me up more than twice. Other than that though, everything went smoothly and as planned. We are completely ready for any feedback our peers may give and will be prepared to fix anything they suggest.

No comments:

Post a Comment